Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Still Standing


I've been really bad at keeping up with this site as of late. Sorry.

I've got a ton of excuses though; work, family, been sick, keeping up with my NASCAR blog, starting my new 1957 Chevy Black Widow Blog, coaching, and it goes on and on.

One good thing though, I've been writing in some form or another almost every day - something Stephen himself would surely appreciate anyway (see what I'm talking about in Stephen's book 'On Writing').

I haven't even had time to finish reading 'Blaze' yet. I've got about 75 pages left, but I've been struggling to get any 'pleasure' reading done as of late too. I've done a ton of work and blog related reading, but the personal stuff has fallen by the wayside.

It happens like that sometimes.

I did manage to see 'The Mist' recently though - the first movie I've rented since Christmas - and I'll be posting my review of it, along with my thoughts on The Dark Tower Series, soon.

Take Care.

4 comments:

Akasha Savage. said...

So glad to see you've given 'On Writing' a mention...it's my 'bible'....I turn to it time and time again to buck me up when I feel my writing needs a kick up the backside!
Also,I can't wait to read your review of The Mist: it's one of my favourite short stories by SK, and I have yet to see the movie. It will be interesting to see what your opinion is; if the film differs much from the story.

M Schmidt said...

The Mist is a great short story and it was a great movie up until the last 5 minutes. I didnt care for the ending - I almost jumped up and yelled "what was Darabont (sp?)" thinking but I regained my composure and said oh well......it was still a great movie I just choose to ignore the last 5 minutes.

4ever3 said...

I'll have it for you all tomorrow.

4ever3 said...

Oops, Wednesday for sure. I picked up Blaze tonight and read 35 pages instead of writing my Mist review. Sorry.